Photography for Florists: Barnsley House, 27th-28th March 2019
LOCATION: Barnsley House, Gloucestershire
- 2 day workshop, in person (max. 8 attendees)
- A beautiful full colour 150 page course book, containing all the technical information you need, illustrated examples and 18 activities for you to advance your floral photography
- Membership to a dedicated, private Facebook group full of other florists who are passionate about capturing stunning images of their floral displays
- The opportunity to photograph your floral displays against the stunning backdrop of Barnsley House in the Cotswolds
- Two or three course lunch, both days, in Barnsley House’s famous Potager restaurant
Your Tutors: Ria Mishaal ARPS, David F Cooke FRPS EFIAP
‘Ria’s generosity of knowledge, her inspiring technical skills and her all round creative brilliance allowed me to produce images I was really proud of!’ – Claudia (Beattie Bailey)
8 in stock
This course is designed for florists and those who adore flowers and who want to learn how to capture their vision in photographs and develop their creativity.
While I will have some beautiful floral arrangements on site for you to practise photographing, you also have the option to bring a small floral arrangement of your own to photograph.
This course assumes no previous knowledge of the technical side of photography, but it will be useful for you to know your way around a camera.
We will cover:
- Looking at the different cameras and lenses (and phones) you can use and the relative benefits of each
- Learning how to use your own camera or phone
- Exploring quantity, quality and direction of light
- Working with natural and artificial light
- Inexpensive solutions to lighting poorly lit situations
- Exploring camera settings and equipment choice and their effect on the image
- Looking at the effect of colour temperature of light and how to manipulate it
- A home studio setup
- Working on location, indoors and outside
- Composition & Styling
- Basic compositional rules
- Learning how to style and compose your image
- The shoot
- We will do a light and airy setup and a Dutch masters setup using your flowers to see how we can manipulate light and what camera settings to use to achieve to dramatically different looks with the same available light.
- Using Adobe Lightroom to manipulate exposure and colour
- How to create presets for easy and quick editing
- Exporting images for different purposes
You will get a copy of our 150 page full colour course book, containing all the detailed lessons from the day plus more discussion on composition and styling, with 18 guided activities for you to explore the principles, facilitating month of learning. You can share your work and ask questions as you learn in our dedicated private facebook group.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.