Date: 19th-20th February 2019
Time: 10-4pm both days
Location: Chilworth, Hampshire
Tutors: Ria Mishaal FRPS, Geoff Blackwell ARPS
This two-day workshop focuses on the financial, management and marketing considerations required when starting your own photography business. The tutors are specialists in their fields.
You will also get a course book with all the important information to take home, and a one hour on-line, in person session with Ria Mishaal FRPS to ask any personally relevant questions, to be claimed within two months of the course.
What students had to say:
‘I thought the whole workshop was excellent, well paced and relevant, thanks!’
‘An excellent course! The presenters provided a range of useful information and shared their personal experiences, thank you.’
‘Ria and Geoff were excellent tutors, working really well together and covering a great range of information. Detailed, open and inspirational.’
10 in stock
Ria Mishaal is a full-time successful wedding and portrait photographer. She will be offering practical business management and marketing advice to help delegates organise their day-to-day systems and marketing strategies. She will help equip delegates with the tools they need to build an efficient business they are proud of.
Geoff Blackwell is a professional accountant with more than forty years’ experience, much of that time spent advising on small business start-ups. He also holds a Certificate in Professional Photography from Nottingham Trent University. He will provide advice on the financial elements of the business plan, budgeting and pricing, as well as record keeping and basic tax issues.
- Basic Costing and Pricing (links to Marketing, see below)
- Simple (but adequate) record keeping
- Introduction to taxation for self-employed and part-time self employed people .
- Form and content of the business plan
- Preparing your budget
- Funding your start up and dealing with Banks
Delegates will receive a copy of a template for a budget and cash flow spreadsheet suitable for inclusion in a formal business plan.
- Contracts and Terms & Conditions
- Client management systems
- Client communications
- Organisation and backups
- Products and packaging
- Efficient image processing workflow options
- Platforms for selling your work online
- Identifying your market
- Building your brand from basics
- Website and marketing material considerations
- Key ways to reach your target market – advertising options
This workshop has been designed for those intending to start a photographic business in the near future or those who have recently started up and feel a need for some support and guidance. No prior business knowledge is assumed.