Date: 4th-5th March 2019
Time: 10am-4pm both days
Location: Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Tutor: Ria Mishaal ARPS
Course attendance is limited to 4 people to allow individual attention.
DAY 1: Organisation is the key to a successful and profitable business, having efficient and powerful workflows and systems in place for each element. In this one day course, Ria Mishaal will go through her workflows and systems from client management to shooting and backup procedures and album design.
DAY 2: This day is designed to teach you simple and effective editing which will help you develop your own style, and use all the skills at your disposal to create the very best images for your clients. Ria will share with you the editing processes she uses to create her timeless, emotive images.
Ria Mishaal is a full-time successful wedding and portrait photographer who was named as one of the top 15 UK wedding photographers in 2017. She is a Fellow of the Royal Photographic Society.
“On the top suppliers list for some of the UK’s best venues, Ria is a firm favourite with modern brides looking for truly timeless images with emotion behind them. Using natural light, she captures all of the moments you knew you wanted, as well as the ones you didn’t!”– BRIDES magazine online 2017
4 in stock
Day 1 Course content
Ria will share the systems and workflows she has used to build her six figure business over the last 7 years. There are many ways to do this: she will share what she has learnt from her experience and education over that time.
- Workflows for client management and interaction
- Building a reputation and getting in front of new clients
- Interacting with potential clients
- booking procedures
- treating your clients well to build referrals that sing
- Workflows for shooting and backup procedures
- developing a style and making sure you anticipate key moments
- File management, naming and sorting your images.
- How, when and what to backup from equipment to documents to images
- Album creation procedures
- Choosing the right products for your work
- Showing what you want to sell
- Processes for choosing images for albums and the review process
- Processes for designing and ordering
As part of the course, you will receive templates for emails, communications and workflow layouts to help you implement what you have learnt.
Day 2 Course content
Ria will share the editing processes she has used to build her six figure business over the last 7 years. There are many ways to do this: she will share what she has learnt from her experience and education over that time. She will concentrate on Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop but will talk about methods, which can be used in a number of other popular programs and will talk about other programs which speed up her workflow.
- Programs useful for culling your images down to the best set
- Labelling and organising your images
- Introduction to Adobe Lightroom
- Understanding the layout and tools of library and develop modules
- How to use the library module to organise your images
- Using the develop module to adjust images to emphasise atmosphere
- Using the develop module to adjust colour
- Retouching in Lightroom
- Retouching in Adobe Photoshop
- Introduction to layers and using layers to merge images and open eyes
- Changing colours (hair, dress, grass)
- How to fix issues with dresses
- how to remove objects, fire escape signs etc
This workshop has been designed for those intending to start a photographic business in the near future and those who have recently started up and feel a need for some support and guidance. No prior knowledge of any editing programs is assumed, but some familiarity with the general layout of Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop would help.